This is a how–to for clients of mine wishing to buy hosting from Clook in their own name. Clook is my favourite hosting company of the many I’ve used and I recommend their shared–1 package for most new websites with moderate traffic and email demands.
Please have a valid credit or debit card ready.
If you have already registered your domain name
- Go to https://www.clook.info/clients/uk/cart.php?gid=2
- Click the first Order Now button (to the right of shared-1)
- Choose I will update my nameservers on an existing domain Or I will register a new domain.
- Enter your domain name in the two boxes below putting everything before the first dot in the first box and every after it in the second box (E.g. texelate.co.uk would be texelate and .co.uk respectively) and then click the arrow to proceed
- Choose Monthly or Annual billing cycle—I recommend Annually as you save some money and it cuts down on invoices
- Click Update Cart to proceed
- Review the cart contents and then click the Checkout button
- Now simply fill out the rest of the details using your own personal or company information; you will then be directed to a payment page to enter your card details
Once you have paid up a human will review the account (usually within a few hours but sometimes longer if out of office hours). You will then be sent a welcome email—please forward this to me.
If you need to register a domain name
Follow the above instruction only when you get to step 3 choose I want Clook Internet UK to register a new domain for meand enter your desired domain name in the text box below using the dropdown to choose the type of domain (.com, .co.uk, etc).
As well as the welcome email mentioned above you will need to send me the details of your domain. This will be a separate login with the company you registered the domain through.
If you need any help call me on 07843 483 078. Also, please let me know if the procedure has changed so I can update this blog.